While we are at it I would like to remind everyone Linux doesn't exactly run on
everything - who knows Shubha could be talking about a PDA, cell phone, any
embedded system .... hmm after watching Independance Day I say it could even be
an alien spaceship !!!

On a more sober note assuming we are talking about windows here just fire up
regedit and go through
and anything else starting with Run in this tree (like RunServices,
RunServiceOnce etc....)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunEx
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce
etc, etc ....
HKEY_USERS\Default\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
etc, etc....
Anything which doesn't sound like something you might have installed just
delete the entry (after you have written down what you are going to delete)
come out of Regedit and reboot your PC.

Oh if that gives you the shakes well go buy some good, legal and current
antivirus, boot from a sanitized floppy install it, cross your fingers and pray
to God that the hacking tool is a common one.

Finally if it is neither Windows nor Linux then cough up the big bucks for a
service contract and hope that the guy they send to have a look has some clue
about hacking :).

Mithun
PS:I haven't been intentionally sarcastic but if it hurts anybody's feelings I
am sorry about that.

And the answer is...

I don't know!  Tell your friend to (a) STFW (Search The Fine Web) and
(b) upgrade to Linux ;-)

-- Raju