On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 06:20:45PM +0000, mario_limoncie...@dell.com wrote:

> You mean that this works properly in evtest but not xev?  Then it is likely
> something
> in X or your window manager artificially limiting the repeat rate.

yes, it will show just one key press with evtest, but with xev it goes into
rapid
repeat mode until I hit a different key. after it does the rapid repeat mode
and I
stop it by pressing a separate key, it won't register the PageUp or PageDn.

I suppose I could reinstall from scratch. I wouldn't know where to look
otherwise.

--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/