Dell Customer Communication - Confidential

I would recommend that if you haven't already, you install thermald.
You might also have a better experience with extracting values using dptfxtract
to feed into
thermald.

> 3.) When booting, there is a single kernel message of loglevel error
> which stands out in red in journalctl
> and which gets displayed on all text consoles (very annoying):
>
> kernel: iwlwifi 0000:6f:00.0: BIOS contains WGDS but no WRDS
>
> What does this message mean?
> Is there anything I can do about this message?
> (wifi works in spite of the error)

If possible, you should probably submit a patch to iwlwifi driver to downgrade
this message to
debug.  It really isn't useful to many people typically.

> 4.) There are some kernel warning messages in the journal while booting:
>
> kernel: ACPI: [Firmware Bug]: BIOS _OSI(Linux) query ignored

Harmless.

> kernel: acpi PNP0C14:02: duplicate WMI GUID 05901221-D566-11D1-B2F0-
> 00A0C9062910 (first instance was on PNP0C14:01)
> kernel: wmi_bus wmi_bus-PNP0C14:03: WQBC data block query control method
> not found
> kernel: acpi PNP0C14:03: duplicate WMI GUID 05901221-D566-11D1-B2F0-
> 00A0C9062910 (first instance was on PNP0C14:01)
> kernel: acpi PNP0C14:04: duplicate WMI GUID 05901221-D566-11D1-B2F0-
> 00A0C9062910 (first instance was on PNP0C14:01)
> kernel: acpi PNP0C14:05: duplicate WMI GUID 05901221-D566-11D1-B2F0-
> 00A0C9062910 (first instance was on PNP0C14:01)

The WMI driver doesn't know how to enumerate all the extra instances.  I don't
think this
should affect anything.

> kernel: i801_smbus 0000:00:1f.4: Accelerometer lis3lv02d is present on SMBus
> but
> its address is unknown, skipping registration

Dell doesn't support this accelerometer, but some reverse engineered
implementations
exist.

> kernel: dell_wmi_aio: No known WMI GUID found

You don't need this driver for your system.