I'm using Caldera Open Linux with 2.2.10 Kernel revision.

Problem:
I've installed diald 16.5 and configured /etc/ppp accordingly.
When trying to initiate a link, the modem will not dial.
I can see the 'AT' message being sent to the port via the messages
file, but it times out. The modem is a USR 56k VFM.

If I use minicom to communicate, the 'TR - Terminal Ready' lights.
Although thats all I get, no commands are echoed and none seem to work -
e.g. atdt, atdt<NO>.

However, via seyon in X, I can quite easily communicate with the modem?

Suggestions welcome!

tia.

Paul Thomas