On Mon, Sep 20, 1999 at 10:22:40AM -0400, Pedro Del Medico wrote:
> My name is Pedro Del Medico and just install diald-0.16.5-2d.rpm on my
> RedHat 5.2 box.
>
> When I start de system Diald can not start and give me the following error:
>
> diald: error in loading shared libraries
> : undefined symbol: __bzero
>
> Any idea about what is happening?

bzero is a libc library call.  This error means something is screwed up
with your diald. (I'll say, you say 8;).

There are several different ways to solve this.  If you are curious and want
to know what's wrong, you could say
        ldd `which diald`

to find out what library diald is linked against and see if the library
is on your system.

Most likely the diald is linked against glibc and your system only has
libc installed.

I would either upgrade the system libraries  (after appropriate
investigation to determine the need) or recompile diald.

--
  Gyepi Sam  --+--  Designer/Programmer  --+--  Network/System Administrator
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]         --+--          http://www.praxis-sw.com/gyepi

  lp1 on fire (One of the more obfuscated kernel messages)

-