Set the debug parameter to 1 in your diald.conf (debug 1)
Make syslogd log this debug data - put a line in /etc/syslog.conf
reading: "*.debug       /var/log/debug"
make the syslogger re-read its configuration (kill -s SIGHUP <pid of
syslogd>)

monitor the /var/log/debug file (tail -f /var/log/debug)

Jan

Greenman Christopher A1C 95 CS/SCBNH wrote:

> Is there a way to log which IP address initiates the link and for what
> service?  I keep getting strange connections about every 20 - 30 minutes or
> so and I want to find out which system on my network is initiating it and
> why.  I have diald configured to use the accounting log but all it shows is
> when it went up and when it came back down and how long the connection was.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris Greenman
>
> -
> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-diald" in

"Life, loathe it or ignore it, you can't like it."
     -- Marvin, "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

-