Am 22.07.2016 um 11:46 schrieb Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mche...@s-opensource.com>:

> Em Thu, 21 Jul 2016 17:17:26 +0200
> Markus Heiser <markus.hei...@darmarit.de> escreveu:

>>> The Kernel policies are to use tabs instead of spaces,
>>
>> Yes, but not in text files .. I think.
>
> See chapter 1 of Documentation/CodingStyle:
>
>                       Chapter 1: Indentation
>
>       Tabs are 8 characters, and thus indentations are also 8 characters.

Hi Mauro,

sorry if I'am pedantic, IMHO this is "Coding" style.

See end of chapter 1:

  Outside of comments, documentation and except in Kconfig, spaces are never
  used for indentation ...

As far as I can see, nearly all of the ASCII markups in the *.txt files use
space for indentation (some mix tabs and spaces). I don't know if
tab indentation in kernel-doc comments is a good choice.

--Markus----