Am 18.10.2016 um 16:52 schrieb Jani Nikula <jani.nik...@linux.intel.com>:

>> *Only* adding the PNG would be awful, I'd have to keep track of the
>> corresponding source elsewhere, and perhaps couldn't even GPL it
>> because then I couldn't distribute the PNG without corresponding
>> source...
>>
>> Adding the source text would really be the only practical choice, but
>> doing so makes it easy to mismatch things, and also very easy to use
>> proprietary services for it that may go away at any time, etc.
>
> Agreed. And there are other problems with attaching binaries (although
> I'd say we should fix them too) [1].
>
> [1] http://lkml.kernel.org/r/02a78907-933d-3f61-572e-28154b16b...@redhat.com

Hmm, I was not briefed that binaries are problematic. I have seen
GIFs e.g. [2] and PDFs with a long history (when I worked with the media
documentation), so I thought binaries are OK.

Can you give me some more hints to understand in what ways they are
problematic?  / sorry if my question seems dump /

[2]
http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/log/Documentation/DocBook/v4l/fieldseq_tb.gif?h=v3.0

-- Markus ----