On Thu, 20 Oct 2016 18:22:28 +0200
Oliver Neukum <oneu...@suse.com> wrote:

> >  Why does this not remove the .tmpl file?
>
> 1. We might want to keep it
> 2. It is an operation beyond the scope of this patch.

I have to disagree with this part; the last thing we want is two copies of
the documentation to get out of sync with each other.  If you're going to
convert the template file (and I think you should!), please remove it in
the process.

I also think that this documentation should be made part of the driver-api
manual rather than going in at the top level.

Thanks,

jon