On Thu, 27 Oct 2016 13:17:33 -0700
Andrew Morton <a...@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> > This patch series continues the efforts of converting the Linux Kernel
> > documentation to Sphinx.
>
> hm, renaming Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt in linux-next is going
> to be a pain for the next two months.  I have one large patch series
> which alters that file and I expect more will come.

That's going to be a continuing hassle as we try to bring a bit of order
to Documentation/, especially as so much stuff doesn't go through the docs
tree.  Hopefully this cycle will be done with the most obnoxious moves,
anyway.

> I guess I can cope with that, by staging these patch series after
> linux-next but that means that I would very much like this patch series
> of your to be merged *early* after the 4.9 release, please.

I've been making a point of getting stuff merged early (for reasons very
similar to this) for the last few cycles; will do so again.

Alternatively, if you want to pass those particular patches thisaway, I
can do the merge and carry them with the rest.

jon