On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 4:00 AM, Jonathan Corbet <cor...@lwn.net> wrote:

> You don't need us to tell you whether a patch applies, right?

My knowledge of git is based on a cheat sheet I got three years ago
from the gpsd project, and I have used the same commands for other
projects since; but I do not really understand the interactions of all
the options of the git format-patch subcommand.  Apologies.

> If you want this change to be merged, please send a proper patch with a
> correct subject line and a changelog.  Also note that "followthrough" is
> as intended.

I have re-read, slower, process/submit-checklist.rst , and
process/submitting-patches.rst , and I think I have figured out at
least some of the mistakes I made.  I will resubmit this patch next.

Thank you,

--
Sanjeev Gupta
+65 98551208     http://www.linkedin.com/in/ghane