Hi,

On 02-12-16 15:22, Icenowy Zheng wrote:

01.12.2016, 17:36, "Maxime Ripard" <maxime.rip...@free-electrons.com>:
On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 12:29:07AM +0000, André Przywara wrote:
 > Something more interesting happened.
 >
 > Xunlong made a add-on board for Orange Pi Zero, which exposes the
 > two USB Controllers exported at expansion bus as USB Type-A
 > connectors.
 >
 > Also it exposes a analog A/V jack and a microphone.
 >
 > Should I enable {e,o}hci{2.3} in the device tree?

 Actually we should do this regardless of this extension board. The USB
 pins are not multiplexed and are exposed on user accessible pins (just
 not soldered, but that's a detail), so I think they qualify for DT
 enablement. And even if a user can't use them, it doesn't hurt to have
 them (since they are not multiplexed).

My main concern about this is that we'll leave regulators enabled by
default, for a minority of users. And that minority will prevent to do
a proper power management when the times come since we'll have to keep
that behaviour forever.

I think these users can add a 'fdt set /xxx/xxx status "disabled" ' .

I don't think that will be necessary I'm pretty sure these extra usb
ports do not have a regulator for the Vbus, they just hook directly
to the 5V rail, can someone with a schematic check ?

Regards,

Hans