Hi,

Apologies for the long CC list, wasn't sure who really feels like they
understand this script anymore ... Markus, I think you had a rewrite of
the script in python?

If you have something like this:

/**
 * struct something
 * @very_long_member_name: abcde
 */
struct something {
        struct this_is_a_very_long_struct_name_so_need_to_break_for_the
                very_long_member_name;
};

then kernel-doc will mishandle it:

$ ./scripts/kernel-doc -rst -internal /tmp/test.c
/tmp/test.c:9: warning: No description found for parameter
'this_is_a_very_long_struct_name_so_need_to_break_for_thevery_long_member_name'
/tmp/test.c:9: warning: Excess struct/union/enum/typedef member
'very_long_member_name' description in 'something'

.. c:type:: struct something

**Definition**

::

  struct something {
  };

**Members**

Clearly, the code that strips trailing and leading whitespace (in
process_proto_type) is a bit *too* eager to do so, but so far I haven't
found anything that makes it work.

Anyone have any thoughts?

johannes