On Wed, 21 Feb 2018 16:37:50 -0800
Kees Cook <keesc...@chromium.org> wrote:

> As recently pointed out by Linus, "Root-caused-by" is a good tag to include
> since it can indicate significantly more work than "just" a Reported-by.
> This adds it and "Suggested-by" (which was also missing) to the documented
> list of tags. Additionally updates checkpatch.pl to match the process docs.

So I'm not really opposed to this, but I do wonder if we really need to
make a catalog of all the tags that might appear.  A quick grep turns up
stuff like:

        Niced-by
        Based-on-a-patch-by
        Debugged-by
        Requested-by
        Despised-by
        Improvements-by
        Tracked-by
        Analyzed-by
        Bisected-by
        Okay-ished-by
        \o/-by
        Pointed-at-by
        Brown-paper-bag-to-be-worn-by
        Not-longer-ranted-at-by
        Rightfully-ranted-at-by
        Helped-by
        Architected-by
        Also-posted-by
        Complained-about-by
        Mehed-by
        Reminded-by
        Actually-written-by
        Generated-by
        Historical-research-by

Some of these are arguably more useful than others, but I'm not sure we
want to bother documenting even an often-used subset of them.

That said, we can add this one; I'll take the patch if I get an ack from
Joe.

jon