Masami Hiramatsu wrote:
On Mon, 7 May 2018 13:51:21 +0530
Ravi Bangoria <ravi.bango...@linux.ibm.com> wrote:

BTW, same issue exists for normal uprobe. If uprobe_mmap() fails,
there is no feedback to trace_uprobe and no warnigns in dmesg as
well !! There was a patch by Naveen to warn such failures in dmesg
but that didn't go in: https://lkml.org/lkml/2017/9/22/155

Oops, that's a real bug. It seems the ball is in Naveen's hand.
Naveen, could you update it according to Oleg's comment, and resend it?

Yes, I've had to put that series on the backburner. I will try and get to it soon. Thanks for the reminder.

- Naveen