hi andrew

>...with kernels -gt 2.6.16 ...

yes, i mean 2.6.17-1.2174_FC5

(  -gt := "greater than"  )

the problem is that if i zap through the stations it seems that there is a
unreliable behavior.
sometimes a got the station quick and reliable.
zapping forward, than back again and it is complete unreliable.
sometimes showing up *can't tune to...*

also searching for channels: sometimes the complete set and sometimes not....

same behavior with scandvb or kaffeine !

or i get the complete set of stations and at the next moment i'm unable to tune
to it.(kaffeine)

with kernel 2.6.16 it was much more better.

i played with my equipment: antenna turned, etc., etc.
i have no idea. nearly daily looking at kernel.org...

take a look at:
http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2006-August/012423.html

this was the next curiosity:

firmware exchanged, played with dvb-t, rebooted. all worked fine.
next day: same firmware, first boot, no chance,.........

i'm starting thinking about: is my card broken.
how can i check this ?

ronald