Lucian Iuga wrote:
> Hi! Thanks for the reply. I thought I was already subscribed to the
> Linux-dvb mailing list. I mean, isn't this how you got my mail and
> replied?  :-)
>
> You will find towards the end of this message the output of lsusb -vvv
>
> As for pictures from inside the device, they are here:
>
> http://louis-nichols.uv.ro/tvtuner/IMG_7050.JPG
> http://louis-nichols.uv.ro/tvtuner/IMG_7051.JPG
>
> The chips can be seen in the photos. As you can see, there are no
> Philips chips there Please tell me if any important info is not visible,
> and I will open the case again.

Lucian,

Thank you for sending this information.  When I wrote that last email, it
was in response to a private email message that Arian Sigari wrote to me.

However, I did seem to miss your email on the linux-dvb list... But I just
found it now, "[linux-dvb] ULI M9207" from 11/1/06 ....

Anyway, looking at your photos.... I am not familiar with the Atmel and
Techwell chips on that board....  I do not see a DVB-T demodulator.

The Atmel AT49BV512 is a "512 Kbit (64K x 8), 2.7-Volt Read and 2.7-Volt
Write Flash", and seems to be supported in drivers/mtd/chips/jedec_probe.c

Techwell TW9903 is a multi-standard video decoder.  Not yet supported, in
mainline, but it seems to be supported in the go7007 wischip driver.

I see an audio ic (ALC650) on the backside.... Is this a hybrid analog /
digital device?  To me, it looks like an analog-only device.  The m9207 is
only handling USB traffic.

The MFPE05 tuner is not yet supported, but probably wont be difficult to add
support for.

It shouldnt be that difficult to get this device to work, but it will require
some more research into the items that I've mentioned above.

I do not think this device will receive digital television -- it seems to be
analog-only.

What are your thoughts?

Regards,

Michael Krufky