Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 16, 2007, Manu Abraham wrote:
>> Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
>>> That is not true. Your first proposal was crap, yet you asked
>>> Mauro the merge it and even got ACKs from others. So I
>>> pointed out that I thought it needs more work.
>> Ok, if my first proposal was crap, it is crap still. After the driver
>> was completed _most_ of the stuff had to be done according to the old
>> proposal, because the delivery system does indeed need them (not just
>> useless params)
>>
>> You were asleep throughout the discussion. For Marcel's request you said
>> it was okay too. After that you had a dream or something like that and
>> even apologized for your last minute barging in, also that you didn't
>> understand about DVB-S2.
>>
>> It wasn't anyone else's fault that you NACK'd it after asking Mauro to
>> pull, but yours alone. You could have done it earlier too.. or just kept
>> quiet. Was a waste of time for so many people involved.
>
> I rejected the DVB-S2 proposal when I first read about it -- which
> was when you asked Mauro to merge it.
>
> The discussions about the DVB-S2 API that followed were dragged
> out over a period of serveral weeks, if not months.
> And at the end of the discussions your proposal looked
> totally different than your first one. And the agreement
> was that you and others implement a driver and show
> the API works in practice, then it can be merged.
> I'm sure you will tell us when you think it's ready.
>
> The list archives can tell the full story. Since you are
> so good at finding stuff in archives I'm confident
> you can find the key postings if you only want to.
>
>>> And if there was a "please review" or "Mauro, please merge" mail
>>> regarding multiproto recently, I must have missed it.
>> Sorry. You said you didn't have the time after everything was done,
>> inspite of many mails sent to you.
>>
>> If someone NACK's something for a reason and when those things are
>> fixed, the same person could at least show a bit of courtesy by stating
>> the same problems are/were fixed.
>
> I told you many times that I'm not interested in DVB anymore, thus
> I won't spend my time reviewing code or discussing architecture,
> especially if it's sent to me in private. I'm really so out of
> it that the details escape me anyway.
>
> The reason why I speak up here occationally is that I do care
> about Linux' as a whole. I try to help out if I think
> things start to go wrong in DVB land. Too bad you see this
> as a personal attack or a Markus vs. Manu thing. :-(

Too bad that you saw it that way. I wasn't looking at it that way. I did
throw in the towel completely at one point completely.

Because of many short sighted decisions many things are broken and hence
commented on the same. If you don't see the value in it, just throw
everything into the trash, who cares

As simple as that.

Manu