Hi Michel,

Michel Verbraak wrote:
Zoilo Gomez schreef:
I am also at loss now ....

Michel: can you confirm that DiSEqC is working for you using the Mantis driver? Are you 100% that it is DiSEqC that is doing the work, and not some conventional compatibility function like 18/13V+22kHz etc (which initially fooled me to believe that DiSEqC was working)?

Manu: a couple of emails ago, you wrote that you were puzzled how the code could ever have worked, and came up with some changes ... ? What I made from this is that you had found some quirks in the register settings (but perhaps i completely misunderstood you).

Looks like I must go and borrow an oscilloscope somehow, so I can measure what is going on at the coax level ...

The driver does send diseqc commands. Because I control my rotor with DiseqC 1.2 gotox commands. Have a look at my gotox program. I posted a bit earlier about it. It uses the dvb api which is in dvb-apps at linuxtv.org

So I understand that what you are saying is that your driver is sending DiSEqC commands, *but you are not using them, so you cannot sure that they work*, correct?

Instead you are controlling your rotor with a separate program, that is not using the Mantis driver, correct?

Z.