--- Funkdafied <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Excellent news on getting it work :) Thanks for your hard work, Roger.
>
> However, as a linux newbie I'm not quite sure how to install it. I've
> got a fresh install of Ubuntu 7.04.. I've retrieved the master v4l-dvb
> branch and downloaded the patch by Mike Krufky as well as the files
> you've just posted.. Where do I go from here?

Ensure you have a copy of the kernel source (and development tools) installed.
Extract the v4l-dvb source somewhere and change into the directory.  Use
something like 'patch -p1 < xc-bluebird.patch' to apply Mikes patch, then do
the same thing for mine.  Then do a 'make all' to build the modules followed by
a 'make install' to install them.  Install the firmware as mentioned below.
Then you'll need to ensure at least the following modules are loaded and
preferably in order:

dvb-core
dvb-usb
dvb-pll
xc3028-fe
zl10353
dvb-usb-cxusb

Someone with Ubuntu experience will have to help with this if you're having
trouble.

> Is "xc3028.au2.fw" the only firmware file I need? Where does it
> belong?

For now you need to download firmware_v3.tgz; its location is mentioned at the
top of Mikes patch.  This will need to go into your firmware directory which is
typically /lib/firmware but may be different depending on your distribution
(another request for Ubuntu users to help).  Place the firmware file I supplied
into the same directory.  Move the original 7MHz firmware aside and then
symlink to the au file.  ie assuming bash 'mv xc3028_DTV7_2633.i2c.fw{,.orig}'
then 'ln -s xc3028.au2.fw xc3028_DTV7_2633.i2c.fw'.

Hopefully this will get you up and running.

Roger.