Sven Mueller wrote:
> Oliver Endriss wrote on 01/08/2007 00:27:
> > Sven Mueller wrote:
> >> Hi.
> >>
> >> I don't know which hardware interrupts those are mapped from/to and
> >> currently don't know how to find out.
> >>
> >> If you need any further data to give a helpful answer, don't hesitate to
> >> ask.
> >
> > Which firmware are you using?
>
> Most recent AFAICT (261f).

Nope, the most recent firmware is
http://linuxtv.org/downloads/firmware/dvb-ttpci-01.fw-2622

or the latest experimental firmware
http://www.suse.de/~werner/test_av-f12623.tar.bz2

> > A log showing driver startup might be useful.
>
> Do you mean this?
>
> dvb-ttpci: gpioirq unknown type=0 len=0
> dvb-ttpci: info @ card 1: firm f0240009, rtsl b0250018, vid 71010068,
> app 8000261f
> dvb-ttpci: firmware @ card 1 supports CI link layer interface
> dvb-ttpci: Crystal audio DAC @ card 1 detected
> dvb-ttpci: found av7110-0.
>
> > Does OSD work fine before the error occurres?
>
> Yes
>
> > Does the VDR recover if you wait some time (1 or 2 minutes) before you
> > press the next key?
>
> Sometimes (if I interpret things correctly though, this is due to an
> internal watchdog in VDR triggering a restart, which now, on my system,
> includes module unload/reload due to my problems).

With recent firmware VDR should recover _without_ emergency exit.

> > You might also try whether this driver improves things:
> > http://linuxtv.org/hg/~endriss/v4l-dvb-av7110-refactoring/
>
> Will take a look into that later once I find some time.
>
> One think fixed the problem for me, for now though:
> noapic nolapic
> on the kernel commandline (grub).

Are you sure that this did not disable SMP?

> However the system runs stable in every other aspect, so it seems to me
> that enabling apic/lapic does something which the dvb_ttpci driver
> doesn't handle properly on SMP systems.

There is no special handling for SMP or non-SMP systems.
Of course there might be a bug which will only show up with SMP. :-(

CU
Oliver