André Weidemann wrote:
> Oliver Endriss wrote:
>
> Hi Oliver,
>
> > Please try the current HG driver. (Important because timeouts are now
> > logged in poll mode, too.)
>
> I downloaded the refactoring driver from the bz2-link on this page:
> http://linuxtv.org/hg/~endriss/v4l-dvb-av7110-refactoring and compiled them.
>
> > If it still happens, please replace SAA7146_USE_I2C_IRQ by
> > SAA7146_I2C_SHORT_DELAY in av7110.c. Does it help?
>
> With the new driver I still got the error message :-(. But it looks
> slightly different than before: "saa7146 (1) saa7146_i2c_writeout [irq]:
> timed out waiting for end of xfer".

Yes, I slightly modified the messages.

> I presume the (1) is the second registered frontend.

Correct.

> Well this is my budget-ci card and not the FF-Card...
>
> So I thought I might as well try your advice for the FF card for the
> budget card and changed the flag in budget-ci.c to SAA7146_I2C_SHORT_DELAY.
> Now the error message that shows is: "saa7146_i2c_writeout [poll]: timed
> out waiting for end of xfer"

Thanks. It shows that disabling IRQ mode does not solve the problem.

Note that older drivers did not log this message in POLL mode, but the
underlying problem was always was there.

> Until now I thought that the motherboard change had caused this problem,
> but at the same I have replace the S1400 with an S1500 with a CI
> connected to it.
> I now have an Asus M2NPV-VM(NVidia GeForce 6150 + nForce 430) with an
> Athlon64 3200+ and 512MB DDR2 RAM(667).
> I am running Debian Etch x86_64 with kernel 2.6.20+refactoring driver.
> Maybe some of the above might give you a clue on what could be the cause
> of the problem.
>
> Thank you for looking into the problem.

Unfortunately, I have no idea why the I2C transfer hangs sometimes.
Is there any pattern? Does it happen rarely or does the message flood
your logs?

If it does not happen too often, it should not be a big problem, because
the I2C transfer will be retried...

CU
Oliver