Abylai Ospan wrote:
> В Вск, 02/09/2007 в 19:53 +0200, Michel Verbraak пишет:
>> Abylai Ospan schreef:
>>> Hello !
>>>
>>> I have gentoo linux with kernel.org stock kernel 2.6.20 and I have
>>> compiled and installed v4l source from
>>> http://jusst.de/manu/mantis-v4l-dvb.tar.bz2
>>> <http://jusst.de/manu/mantis-v4l-dvb.tar.bz2>  dated 01-Apr-2007
>>> 17:46  4.8M.
>>>
>>> After 'modprobe mantis' I'v see in dmesg:
>>>
>>> ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:02:03.0[A] -> GSI 23 (level, low) -> IRQ 19
>>> irq: 19, latency: 32
>>> memory: 0xfbfff000, mmio: 0xf8826000
>>> found a VP-1034 PCI DVB-S/DSS device on (02:03.0),
>>>     Mantis Rev 1 [1822:0014], irq: 19, latency: 32
>>>     memory: 0xfbfff000, mmio: 0xf8826000
>>>     MAC Address=[00:08:ca:1a:a3:68]
>>> mantis_alloc_buffers (0): DMA=0x301f0000 cpu=0xf01f0000 size=65536
>>> mantis_alloc_buffers (0): RISC=0x377af000 cpu=0xf77af000 size=1000
>>> DVB: registering new adapter (Mantis dvb adapter).
>>> mantis_frontend_init (0): Probing for MB86A16 (DVB-S/DSS)
>>> mantis_frontend_init (0): found MB86A16 DVB-S/DSS frontend @0x08
>>> DVB: registering frontend 0 (Fujitsu MB86A16 DVB-S)...
>>>
>>> and /dev/dvb/adapter0/ tree is created. It's looks like card
>>> correctly detected.
>>> But I don't see /dev/dvb/adapter0/ca0 for CI module. Is this driver
>>> supports Twinhan 1034 CI interface ?
>>> May be some repository with newer version is available ?
>>> Thanks !
>>>
>>> --
>>> Abylai Ospan <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
>>> NetUP Inc.

>> Currently not in the supplied open source drivers. There is a binary
>> package at the Twinhan (download page) website which does support the
>> CI but the modules were compiled for the first Fedore Core 6 kernel on
>> a i586 platform.
> Ok, thanks. But this module can't loading under linux kernel 2.6.20 (as
> expected):
> insmod: error inserting 'linuxdriver/v4l/mantis.ko': -1 Invalid module
> format
> mantis: version magic '2.6.18-1.2798.fc6 SMP mod_unload 686 REGPARM
> 4KSTACKS gcc-4.1' should be '2.6.20 SMP mod_unload PENTIUM4 '
>
> Do you know how to "force" load this module ? May be some way to change
> "magic" string for matching ? I don't want to install FC6 ... :)
> Thanks!

I doubt you will be able to load on a different kernel than what it was
built for.

The binary module has licenses from different people and cannot be
relicensed simply. SCM happens to be one of the copyright holders.

/*   FILE:    itc.h
                                                                */
/*   DATE:    25/06/97
                                                        */
/*   PURPOSE: Header File Inter-Task Communication
                                */
/*   TAB STOPS : 4
                                                        */
/*   HISTORY:
                                                        */
/*   Version    Date                Written by       Notes
                                                */
/*       1.0        25/06/1997           SCM              Initial
implementation                                  */

Quite a lot of work is needed to get it going.

After the work on multiproto/stb0899 (with regards to dvb-s2 on the
mantis, CI is almost a must as almost all good HD content is scrambled)
is over, i will start from scratch (from scratch, i had an event manager
to handle some of those, completely interrupt driven, but given the
short time and short temper, i put it away -- also not to mention, the
original chip designer went busy at greener pastures, with no one to ask
the why and how, got much irritated too fast) on this. The SCM code is
stupid though, it doesn't take advantage of interrupts, but simply
polls. AFAICT, it can be written much better, smaller, faster and smarter.