Artem Makhutov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 05:09:59PM +0400, Manu Abraham wrote:
>> Artem Makhutov wrote:
>>> It is possible to tune to DVB-S and DVB-S2 channels.
>>>
>>> The driver has the same issues like the old driver on getting a LOCK
>>> on both DVB-S and DVB-S2 channels.
>> In stb0899_drv.c. where you see SearchRange=3MHz, try increasing it to
>> 10MHz and see whether it makes any difference ?
>
> I have the feeling that it has improved the situation, but the problem is
> still not solved.

Can you please get the log for (with STB0899 and STB6100 with verbose=5)

a) 3 Mhz

1) a complete cycle with a LOCK, including where it calls track.
2) 3 complete cycles where it fails to LOCK, including where it calls track.

b) 10 Mhz

1) a complete cycle with a LOCK, including where it calls track.
2) 3 complete cycles where it fails to LOCK, including where it calls track.

with both DVB-S and DVB-S2 modes, for the same frequency for each.

Please be careful as not to mix up the logs.

> I got 73 LOCK's and 7 FAIL's out of 80 tries to tune the same channel.
>
> I will run the same test with 3 MHz tomorrow. Let's see if there is a
> big difference between 3 and 10 MHz.
>
> What exactly does this parameter do?

The name of the term defines exactly it's role, It is the window.

Manu