Simon Baxter wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a new TT-2300 DVB-C FF card with the associated CI module with
> in-built IR receiver.
>
> The IR seems to register fine:
> dmesg:
> input: DVB on-card IR receiver as /class/input/input3

It always registers, no matter whether there is an ir receiver or not.

> ...and I've added the little jumper on the CI - but it won't work.
>
> I do a 'tail -f /dev/input/event3' and get nothing when pointing the remote
> at it.

This will only work if you have loaded a keymap.

> Similarly get nothing with VDR and the vdr-remote plugin.
>
> Any ideas???

Is the IR receiver connected to the card or to the CI?

>From remote plugin FAQ:
| 2.2.1 The remote control does not work, if a CI is connected
|       ------------------------------------------------------
| Whenever a CI is connected, the on-board connector will be disabled!
|
| On some CIs there is a jumper to select whether the receiver of the CI
| or the receiver of the FF-card should be used. RTFM.
|
| If not, use the integrated receiver of the CI,
| or connect the receiver to the ir connector of the CI.

Another solution posted by [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?postid=652902#post652902
(Remove the 0 Ohm resistor.)

CU
Oliver