Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-10-14 at 18:53 +0200, Oliver Endriss wrote:
> > Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:

> > > The problem is that I do not easily have access to a windows machine. Is
> > > there anything I can do to test whether it is OK without windows?

> > > I mean the problem is, that the frontend registers and loads the sp8870
> > > firmware, but I have no idea whether that is the right one or not (it
> > > does not want the grundig frontend however)...
> >
> > Afaik there are only those two frontends for DVB-T FF cards.
>
> OK.
>
> > > When I scan it does not find any channel and using a channel list
> > > obtained via a budget tt card, it still does not want to tune to any
> > > channel there...
> > >
> > > Any ideas? I mean not that because the card is considered dvb-s some
> > > potentially wrong dvb-s settings are set somewhere?!
> >
> > Afaics you did everything which could be done.
> > The frontend was detected. Basically the card should work.
> > (I assume that there are no tuning-related error messages in the log.)
>
> no, nothing.
>
> > Next you have to find out whether the card is broken or not.
> > >From your results I guess something is broken, but you can only be sure
> > if you test it with the windows driver. (There is a small chance that it
> > is a card variant which is not supported yet.)
>
> OK, I convinced someone to try the card under windows and well scanning
> worked, for all the expected channels and we could tune... So the card
> works. And we used that old tt_Premium_217g.zip driver... so I guess it
> should work with linux too...
>
> However also under windows it said dvb-s although we could load the
> driver.

Ok, the card works. There are two possibilities:
- The frontend driver is broken.
- The card is somehow different from those supported by the driver,
  and a special handling is required.

@all:
Can someone confirm that the current dvb-ttpci driver works for DVB-T
FF cards (ALPS TDLB7 tuner, sp8870-based)?

CU
Oliver