I think Patrick already has a driver for it?

  If you could point me towards the driver, that would be awesome.

  Thanks for all the help !!!

  Jeff

.Markus Rechberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  On 11/15/07, Michael Krufky wrote:
> Markus Rechberger wrote:

> it
> >>>
> >> supported clear QAM and had flash space for recording to the stick in
> >> addition to the hardrive. I read that the PCTV HD Pro Stick was
> supported
> >> with the latest Experimental build based on the em2883 chipset. I took
> the
> >> risk and went with the Ultimate instead of the Pro.
> >>
> >> [snip]

> stick
> >>>
> >> ?
> >>
> >> You wont find native support for this in any Linux Distribution's native
> >> kernel anytime soon.
> >>
> >> Your best bet, in this case, is to look at Markus' experimental
> repository.
> >> I don't think that he has support for this exact device yet, but he does
> >> have most of the pieces required.
> >>
> >> #1) You need em2880-dvb support, which is not yet in the master v4l-dvb
> >> development branch
> >>
> >> #2) (I think) you'll need an xc5000 driver, also not yet merged into the
> >> v4l-dvb master branch.
> >>
> >> You might be able to assemble the right pieces of code together, but I
> don't
> >> know where you'll find it all at this time.
> >>
> >> Given a few months (or weeks, in a perfect world) time, the situation may
> >> become clearer.
> >>

> > Michael,
> >
> > this is no em28xx based device, I guess it's a dibcom one.
> Ah, OK. Thanks, Markus.
>
> In which case, bridge-wise, it may be a bit easier (or more difficult,
> depending) than I thought.
>
> Jeff, it might be helpful if you could crack open the device and tell us
> all of the chips featured inside.
>
> Hi-res digital photos are always helpful :-) If you can take photos,
> please post them to a website (like bttv-gallery) and post links here.

I think that's not really necessary, my one is already open (I could
take a foto if not already available) although I think Patrick already
has a driver for it?
The usb device includes a hub and shows up 2 more usbids on the host,
one is a storage device, the other one is the dibcom tuner as far as I
remember.

Markus