Hi Vangelis!

Am Donnerstag, den 15.11.2007, 21:00 +0000 schrieb Vangelis Nonas:
> Hello Hermann,
>
> Your suggestion helped a lot indeed. I can now get about 2000 services
> on Hotbird using scan from dvb-apps. Moreover the "reception" is better,
> SNR is about 90%, SS is around 50% or more and I dont often get high
> error rates. I also tested viewing channels and I can now see channels
> that didn't exist before. One minor negative side effect is that
> channelscan on vdr crashes.
>
> However, I still can not tume to 12 transponders on hotbird (out of 94
> in total). These are the failing transponders:
>  >>> tune to: 11334:h:S0.0W:27500: (tuning failed)
>  >>> tune to: 11373:h:S0.0W:27500: (tuning failed)
>  >>> tune to: 11432:v:S0.0W:27500: (tuning failed)
>  >>> tune to: 12264:v:S13.0E:27500: (tuning failed)
>  >>> tune to: 11954:h:S19.2E:27500: (tuning failed)
>  >>> tune to: 11597:v:S19.2E:22000: (tuning failed)
>  >>> tune to: 12480:v:S19.2E:27500: (tuning failed)
>  >>> tune to: 12500:v:S13.0E:27500: (tuning failed)
>  >>> tune to: 11533:v:S13.0E:27500: (tuning failed)
>  >>> tune to: 11996:v:S13.0E:27500: (tuning failed)
>  >>> tune to: 12722:h:S68.5E:26657: (tuning failed)
>  >>> tune to: 11344:h:S8.0W:27500: (tuning failed)
>
> Although the DVB-S part of the card is now much more usable. I feel
> there is still room for improvement of the Linux driver.
>
> Any suggestions on how  to improve the "reception" further?
>
> I have to mention here that I have a single LNB on my installation, no
> disecq, however the patch helped a lot.
>
> Thank you
> Vagelis

I'm a bloody beginner on DVB-S and have a simple dish just since a few
days.

The reason for that is, that we have the code from Andrew since long for
the newer silicon stuff, also saa7134 triple devices, which should
support DVB-S as well since for over two years, but we don't make much
progress, since only the Trio seems to be supported and on others not
even testing happens.

For sure I can see, that whole fleets of such triple stuff are coming in
from all seas.

For now, I'm only on a device, hard enough to barely hold it in a not
triple capable PCI slot, and likely not fully initialized for the ISL
stuff.

I'm looking forward to get something "normal" next and then maybe I can
contribute to your questions in the future.

For now, try to exchange with people on the same hardware than you and
hope for hints of the DVB guys.

BTW, that outstanding patch is committed since 7 days to v4l-dvb master.

For what I can see the patchlet from me, attaching the ISL6421 for the
ISL6405 on the Medion Quad should not do any harm, quite the same for
the first LNB.

If somebody recognizes any possible risks to the hardware, please say
so. I don't.

Cheers,
Hermann