> In any case, especially to that problem with "unknown key code" I think it
> is time to change the IR-behavior of the DVB-USB.
>
> My problem is, I don't know how.
>
> My naive idea would be, that the IR-code is reporting each key (as raw as
> possible) without mapping it to an event to the event interface and then
> someone, somewhere is interpreting it. Also forward any repeat-attribute.

I would suggest creating a netlink device which lircd (or similar) can
read from. I haven't really looked further into it since I never really
intended on having the IR support from the DVB devices; my brewing
mythtv frontend system is both diskless and tunerless so I have a USB
MCE IR dongle instead.

  // J