On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 4:10 PM, Jelle de Jong
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Markus Rechberger wrote:
>  >>  I spent several hours again to see if I could get it working on Debian
>  >>  sid. I got a little bit further bit still got compilation errors.
>  >>
>  >>  Can you please look at my attachments.
>  >>
>  >
>  >  CC [M]  /home/jelle/em28xx-userspace2/em2880-dvb.o
>  > In file included from /home/jelle/em28xx-userspace2/em28xx.h:42,
>  >                 from /home/jelle/em28xx-userspace2/em2880-dvb.c:33:
>  > include/sound/core.h:281: error: 'SNDRV_CARDS' undeclared here (not in
>  > a function)
>  >
>  > ok this seems to come from a cleanup patch to remove some warnings. I
>  > reverted that change again.
>  > Can you download em28xx-userspace2 again and try to recompile it.
>  >
>  > thanks,
>  > Markus
>
>  Thank you it is now compiling, however when loading the drivers after
>  rebooting the pc (also before rebooting) i get the following errors.
>
>  See the attachments,
>
>  Kind regards,
>
>  Jelle
>

> usb 5-3: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 5
>  usb 5-3: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
>  em28xx: disagrees about version of symbol video_unregister_device
>  em28xx: Unknown symbol video_unregister_device
>  em28xx: disagrees about version of symbol video_device_alloc
>  em28xx: Unknown symbol video_device_alloc
>  em28xx: disagrees about version of symbol video_register_device
>  em28xx: Unknown symbol video_register_device
>  em28xx: disagrees about version of symbol video_device_release
>  em28xx: Unknown symbol video_device_release

can you also reinstall the linux kernel for your debian distribution?
the manual installation of v4l-dvb-experimental from mcentral.de or
v4l-dvb repository from linuxtv.org causes this problem.

You might try

apt-get install --reinstall linux-image-`uname -r`

for restoring your kernel

You probably have the modules from v4l-dvb-experimental or v4l-dvb
installed, but your kernel sources have older versions of those
interfaces, and the userspace drivers only build against the original
kernel interface.

Markus