Nicolas Will wrote:
> You do know that the cx24123 module has nothing to do with the
> Nova-t-500, don't you?

I know. It's for the HVR-3000's satellite demux.

> Would you have a DVB-S card in the system as well?

See above :)

> Other than this issue, how's the stability of 0.21 in Hardy?
> I'm itching... After al,l I ran Gutsy since alpha 2, for hardware
> support reasons, but I have no real motivation apart from "I want to try
> the latest and greatest" today.

Myth itself is quite stable, but Mythbuntu had some issues with the initial
8.04a2 release -- mostly with VNC and setting up the Myth transcoding daemon
('mkdir /var/lib/mythdvd/temp; chmod 777 /var/lib/mythdvd/temp' as root fixed
it for me). The LIRC config files for the Nova-T500's remote are a bit
mangled, and some buttons don't work by default.

Other than that, ripping DVDs to MPEG files and playing them back results in
issues with A/V sync; switching the player to "default player" in File Types
seems to have cured that.

Stability-wise, it puts MediaPortal to shame. Feature-wise, it's got
everything I need. Once I get the Nova-T500 to behave itself, and MythTV to
hibernate (or even shut down completely) and set an ACPI wakeup timer, I'll
consider the project 'done' :)

--
Phil.                         |  (\_/)  This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny
[EMAIL PROTECTED]           | (='.'=) into your signature to help him gain