On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 1:18 AM, Brandon Rader <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  I bought the PCTV HD 800i tuner from woot.com, and waited until drivers had
>  been developed for it. I followed the guide from
>
> LinuxTV<http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Pinnacle_PCTV_HD_Card_%28800i%29>
>  .
>
>  My dmesg and lspci outputs are below. The dmesg output has some errors in
>  it, and the lspci looks like it is an entry short compared to some of the
>  other lspci outputs I've seen for this card. When I try to modprobe
>  cx88_dvb:
>
>  $ sudo modprobe cx88_dvb
>  FATAL: Error inserting cx88_dvb
>  (/lib/modules/2.6.22-14-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/cx88/cx88-dvb.ko):
>  No such device
>
>  lspci output:
>  lspci | grep -i cx
>  06:07.0 Multimedia video controller: Conexant CX23880/1/2/3 PCI Video and
>  Audio Decoder [MPEG Port] (rev 05)
>  06:07.1 Multimedia controller: Conexant CX23880/1/2/3 PCI Video and Audio
>  Decoder [Audio Port] (rev 05)
>
>  dmesg output:
>  dmesg | grep -i cx
> <snipped>

Did you reboot after installing the new driver? If not, try that first.
If you did reboot and got the error, can you paste your *complete*
dmesg output to http://pastebin.com and post the generated link here?

BTW, I added cc to the linux-dvb list, which is the more appropriate place
for your question.

--
Chaogui Zhang