On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 1:49 PM, Jarkko Sakkinen
<jarkko.sakki...@linux.intel.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 02:28:33PM +0300, Jarkko Sakkinen wrote:

>> > Ah I'm subscribed to that list but lately been busy getting a huge patch
>> > set to platform-driver-x86 [1] for review, which has prioritized out
>> > reading much else than linux-integrity.
>> >
>> > Thank you. I'll retry the patches tomorrow.
>> >
>> > /Jarkko
>>
>> Cannot observer binary_bios_measuremens file.
>>
>> What kind of hardware was used to develop/test this?
>>
>> I tried it with Kabylake and PTT (firmware TPM).
>>
>> /Jarkko
>
> My guess would be wrong event log format.
>
> At minimum this patch set should add a klog (info level) message to tell
> that unsupported event log format is being used.
>
> /Jarkko

This patch was mainly developed and tested on Kabylake with PTT as well.

It could be a few things. Are you booting with the EFI stub? Is the
TPM enabled within the BIOS? Does tpm_tis get loaded? Does it produce
any log?
If the logs are recovered (but not parsed), you should already see an
entry in the logs like:

efi:  SMBIOS=0x7fed6000  ACPI=0x7ff00000  TPMEventLog=0x.....

Can you see the TPMEventLog part?

The issue with extra logging is that the log recovery happens within
the EFI stub phase where limited logging is available (which I think
has been limited to error and fatal message only).
For now, it cannot be a version mismatch as the stub will only request
the version 1.2 format.