Hi,

I've got this old x86 MacBookPro1,1 and I wanted to switch to systemd-boot.

systemd-boot works fine but the Linux efistub somehow fails to load the initrd,
sadly the monitor seems to be switched off/no backlight after systemd-boot menu
selection and Linux kernel starting efifb.

Any ideas what could be the culprit?
I tried to boot with efi=nochunk but same result.

I tried to understand what systemd boot does for file loading and what
libefistub does, it looks very similar.

So any ideas and hints are welcome what is maybe wrong in my setup.

When I embedded the initramfs in the kernel, boot of Linux and system works
correctly.

Ps: all efi_printk seems to be lost in the kernel. Is there a way to transfer
this into the kernel somehow?

With kind regards
Thomas