Hello,

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 11:14 PM, Thiago Galesi <thiagogal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Considering the several FPGA models available and ways to program it,
> I guess the important thing to consider is what can be made generic.

Indeed.

The programming back end should be generic enough so that it can use
other subsystems.

The FPGA configuration interface could be on the memory bus (and in
many cases the DMA helpers can be used) or behind a PCI bus, or can
even have SPI etc front-ends.

In general the programming API should accept a blob of data,
preferably in one chunk (pointer plus length) or at least 4kB chunks
or so, so that configuration is not severy overheaded by a callback
per byte (or even bit).

Regards,
--
Leon