Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Saturday 13 June 2009, Marco wrote:
>>  void __init mount_root(void)
>>  {
>> +#ifdef CONFIG_ROOT_PRAMFS
>> +       if (MAJOR(ROOT_DEV) == MEM_MAJOR) {
>> +               if (mount_pramfs_root())
>> +                       return;
>> +
>> +               printk(KERN_ERR "VFS: Unable to mount root fs via PRAMFS,
>> trying floppy.\n");
>> +               ROOT_DEV = Root_FD0;
>> +       }
>> +#endif
>
> AFAICT, this will prevent booting from /dev/ram0 with a regular file system,
> because that also uses MAJOR(ROOT_DEV) == 1.
>
>       Arnd <><

Mmm...MEM_MAJOR and RAMDISK_MAJOR have the same value and pramfs works
in memory. We could simply use /dev/null (there was an error in the
submitted kconfig description, my intention was to use /dev/mem). In
that case I can use UNNAMED_MAJOR. PRAMFS root option is not enabled if
it's already enabled the NFS one. What do you think?

Marco