On Feb 20, 2008  17:20 -0500, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> There are only three things which mke2fs will do, in my design:

This should all go into the mke2fs man page...

> [fs_types]
>       ext3 = {
>               features = has_journal
>       }
>       ext4 = {
>               features = extents,flex_bg
>               inode_size = 256
>       }

Presumably the ext4 feature should also have features = has_journal?
If this is the default for ext4, why would it need to be given for ext3?

We should also add "dir_nlink,flexbg" while we are in there.

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger
Sr. Staff Engineer, Lustre Group