Thank you. I am very interested. Could you explain in more detail for me?

Werner
----- Nachricht von Bob Apodaca <b...@phxlab.honeywell.com> ---------
  Datum: Tue, 27 May 2014 07:14:42 -0700
    Von: Bob Apodaca <b...@phxlab.honeywell.com>
Betreff: Re: fai-cd -B gives an error
     An: linux-fai@uni-koeln.de

On 05/26/2014 05:25 AM, Werner Pommerer wrote:

Hello,

I would like to create a boot only ISO image which does a network installation.

fai-cd -B /tmp/test.iso

NFSROOT /srv/fai/nfsroot   mounted

Found dracut inside nfsroot, but booting a FAI CD with dracut inside the nfsrroot does not yet work.

Using grub2

preparing grub2 eltorito.img using existing core.img from NFSROOT

no memtest86+.bin found, omit memtest boot option

Writing FAI CD-ROM image to /tmp/test.iso. This may need some time.

re-directing all messages to /dev/null

ERROR: genisoimage failed.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be going wrong?

Regards

Werner Pommerer

I have created a bootable CD-ROM using GRUB, but I do not use fai-cd. I only use the CD-ROM to boot the kernel and load the initrd, after those steps the system boots using NFS. I have also successfully used a similar process to boot from a USB "thumb" drive. If this set-up would help you I can attempt to explain how to create your own.

Bob

----- Ende der Nachricht von Bob Apodaca <b...@phxlab.honeywell.com> -----

Antwort per Email an