Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your reply. The proposal is a bit of a work-a-round  for my
other issue. At the moment, I'm still unable to generate the
RAID1+CRYPT+LVM configuration I am after with setup-storage (see other
emails). Feel free NOT to apply the patch.

With the output from '-C', I can save the commands, review them, and edit
the output to include the cryptsetup commands that I'm missing, then run
the resulting script.

I could possibly even automate this process with a perl script, but I'd
rather not. I might as well just use the dry-run output.

Another couple of reasons that a '-C' type output might be useful.
- Save storage configuration commands for audit and review purposes.
- Regression testing in development environment. (1/2 a reason, the dry-run
output would also work in this case)
- Create storage configuration  bash scripts that can be run in other
environments without FAI. (Debian/Ubuntu have setup storage in its own
package, and I'm finding this better to use than any of the other
partitioning tools.)

Cheers,
Paul

On Fri, 16 Sep 2016 at 17:50 Thomas Lange <la...@informatik.uni-koeln.de>
wrote:

> p...@mawsonlakes.org> said:
>
>     > See the following patch which adds the '-C' option to setup-storage.
>     > This allows a dry-run to output the shell commands to be used by the
> script.
> Hi Paul,
>
> what is the differenct between -C and ommiting -X? IMO it's the same
> functionality, except the output message is slightly different.
>
> --
> regards Thomas

Antwort per Email an