Hello list,

I would like to create a USB flash drive to be used for offline installation
of my clients (i.e. no Internet/Intranet access, hence all files/packages
required should be stored in and retrieved from the USB memory itself).

I followed the instruction in the FAI guide [1], using "fai-mirror(1)" and
"fai-cd(1)", and everything was ok (I was able to create the image to be
copied into the USB stick). BTW, during the installation I see that packages
are downloaded from Internet, which it is not what I want.

I suppose the problem is my updatebase hook, which sets the content of
"$target/etc/apt/sources.list" to "deb
http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian/20150425T231310Z/ jessie main
contrib".

How can I told that hook that "If doing an installation via USB flash drive
use the packages stored in the drive itself, otherwise grab them from
Internet"? In general, is there a better way to do that? How do you perform
offline installation?

Thank you for your support and best regards,

Giorgio B.

[1]
http://fai-project.org/fai-guide/#_a_id_cdboot_a_creating_a_fai_cd_or_and_us
b_stick