    > guessing that the hyphen in the host name is causing the problem (the
hostname
    > is "eddie-vm.teach.cs.toronto.edu" which defines a FAI class of the same
name).
Hi Arcady,

the problem is, that FAI class names should not contain a hyphen. IIRC
this was done because cfengine classes also do not allow hyphens, but
underscore.

One solution would be to substitute the hyphen in the hostname into a
underscore, which is allowed in FAI classes.

I fear we will break more things if we allow hyphens in class names.

Any comments on this from the mailing list (CC)?
--
regards Thomas

Antwort per Email an