Hello.

I haved install fai-server on debian buster. I add to /etc/fai/fai.conf this 2
line:

LOGUSER=fai
FAI_LOGPROTO=ssh

At the end on the fai-setup, I do have :

fai-make-nfsroot finished properly.
Log file written to /var/log/fai/fai-make-nfsroot.log
FAI setup finished.

And fai user is corectly create.

I make:

fai-chboot -IFv -u nfs://IP_FAI_SERVER/srv/fai/config demohost

Deployment work fine but at the end, I see this message:

$LOGUSER is undefined. Not saving log files to remote.

And fai-chboot -d demohost can't be effected.

I use tty on the temporary client and effectively, they are not LOGUSER
variable defined in /tmp/fai/variables.log but I do have variable
FAI_LOGPROTO=ssh .
I can log to my fai-server from the temporary client with:

ssh fai@IP_FAI_SERVER

What I have missing ?

Regards.

Jean-Mathieu

P.S.: I want to propose pull request of the french traduction of fai-guide
(http://fai-project.org/fai-guide-fr). I can't see this file on
https://github.com/faiproject/fai/tree/master/doc .
How I can make pull request on the french traduction of the guide ?

P.S.2: Is it safe to use fai-server on a debian testing basis for production ?

Antwort per Email an