Hi,

On 18.07.22 17:19, Romain Pelissier wrote:
I have herited of an already FAI setup that deploy debian buster using pxe and it works great! Now, I try to use it to deploy bullseye but even if I have ready the documentation I am still not sure how to proceed with the correct steps... Should I modify the existing config or create a new one dedicated to bullseye and point my server pxe boot to this one? Even if I set /srv/fai/config/class/DEBIAN.var with release=bullseye it's not working..
Let me know if you want me to share some config files.

we kind of "cheated" to install different OS by just setting our own custom variable, e.g. "OS_DEBIAN_BULLSEYE_AMD64" via a class script, e.g. class/50-host-classes.

We then only have to provide a few extra files, namely

./basefiles/OS_DEBIAN_BULLSEYE_AMD64.tar.xz

(this tarball will be extracted from the NFSroot to /target, created via /usr/share/doc/fai-doc/examples/simple/basefiles/mk-basefile)

./files/etc/apt/sources.list/OS_DEBIAN_BULLSEYE_AMD64

base list of sources to install from

./hooks/instsoft.OS_DEBIAN_BULLSEYE_AMD64

this hook simply performs a few things for us, namely fcopy, e.g.

#!/bin/bash
fcopy -Bi /etc/apt/sources.list
$ROOTCMD apt-get update

Does this help to get you started?

Cheers

Carsten
--
Dr. Carsten Aulbert, Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics,
Callinstraße 38, 30167 Hannover, Germany, Phone +49 511 762 17185

Antwort per Email an