Tks.
Too bad I fear it's not applicable to my scenario.
First because the network is public. Second because ssh is just one of the secrets I have to distribute (others are usually SaltStack key and Gluster certificate). I'm thinking that probably this is one of the few cases where a TPM is actually useful... GPG encrypted tarballs can be a good solution if there's a trusted person that can insert the password (or a tpm that can decrypt it) to complete the install...

Diego