Il 05/10/2023 16:58, Sinh Lam ha scritto:
You can essentially establish a ’trust’ to auto-accept keys.  Then you wouldn’t really have to worry about moving the minion keys around.  Once your bootstrap/installation is done, have it run a state to remove the key or auto-purge it somehow.

Uh? If the minion is not known to the master, it doesn't receive pillars. And can't interact with the master. Chicken and egg.

Honestly I would just leave the base install and anything else that needs to be set up to FAI and run salt against the booted up server after FAI is done and the server has been rebooted.
That's what I was planning to do. But without extra "glue" I'm losing context. In particular if FAI tells Salt "I'm having *this* machine reinstalled and its key is this" then Salt can auto-accept that key. But if the machine is not being reinstalled by FAI, there's no reason to auto accept a new key: it could be anybody!

Does FAI use protected connections (given that usually there's no available "root of trust" stronger than the MAC address...) to the machine being installed?

--
Diego Zuccato
DIFA - Dip. di Fisica e Astronomia

Antwort per Email an