Andrew Morton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yes, it's a shame that there doesn't seem to be a fine-grained way of
> turning on -W's useful bits.

You can turn off -W's undesirable bits.  For net/rxrpc/ and fs/afs/ at least,
adding:

        CFLAGS += -W -Wno-unused-parameter

to the Makefile generates no warnings.  Perhaps this should be added to the
master Makefile.

Adding -Wsign-compare finds some stuff that I will fix.  It also finds some
stuff in the main and the networking headers.  This is a really useful option
and found some tricky bugs in CacheFiles.  I would endorse adding this
generally too.

David