Hi,

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007, Al Viro wrote:
> The fundamental issue here is that even if you do find struct file,
> you can't blindly rip its ->f_mapping since it can be in the middle
> of ->read(), ->write(), pageout, etc.  And even if you do manage
> that, you still have the ability to do fchmod() later.

Then we would need to change the VFS and relevant parts so that we can
take down ->f_mapping. I don't see how we could do that without affecting
current hotpaths. Hmm. I suppose what we really need to do is cannibalize
the actual inode (remove from inode cache, detach from dentry and take
down the mapping) so that we don't have to touch existing struct file
pointers at all.

                                Pekka