> On Fri, 16 Jun 2000, Neil Brown wrote:
> >  knfsd can get answers to such questions as:
> >
> >    - can you support NFSD_FH_LOCATABLE
> >    - is file name comparison case insensitive (will be needed for NFSv4)

Sorry, but does it mean that NFSv4 passes (by standard definition)
filenames only in UTF8 (or another Unicode encoding)?
Or means this that both client and server must use same codepage?
And how is resolved if there are two names in underlying exported
directory which match except for case?

Netware uses huge and complicated code to generate unique names and
stores these names in their own namespaces (NFS = 255 chars, case
sensitive; LONG = 255 chars, case insensitive; MAC = 31 chars, case ??;
DOS = 14 chars, uppercase; FTAM = 254 chars, lowercase only; of course
each namespace has different set of reserved characters, "*" from NFS
is translated as "STRANGE" to other namespaces... do we really want this) :-(
                                                Thanks,
                                                    Petr Vandrovec
                                                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]