Tigran Aivazian writes:
> On Thu, 29 Jun 2000, Richard Gooch wrote:
> > Hm. Digging back into my archives, I see I said I got a kernel BUG. So
> > that means I got a BUG, not an Oops. Perhaps that means that *fs_type
> > hasn't been initialised to 0, or perhaps that fs_type->kern_mnt gets
> > initialised elsewhere even when kern_mount() isn't called (and perhaps
> > kern_mount() just initialises fs_type->kern_mnt->mnt_sb).
> > Speculations only: I haven't RTFS.
>
> all I am really saying is that this simple filesystem should generate a
> BUG() (pointing to the fact that it should be kern_mount-ed first) and not
> an oops:

I agree one should get a BUG. And that's what I got. So although the
piece of code you looked at suggests you'd get an Oops instead, I
suspect there more be something more subtle happening.

What happens when you try (user-space) mounting a FS_SINGLE filesystem
without calling kern_mount() first?

                                Regards,

                                        Richard....
Permanent: [EMAIL PROTECTED]