On Tue, 1 Aug 2000, Andreas Gruenbacher wrote:

> We will probably get additional VFS-level mount options for things like
> filesystem Capabilities and ACLs (and whatever else). There's not enough
> space left for many extensions like that, so passing them in *data seems
> better to me anyway.

You know, I'ld rather keep it that way. _Any_ freely extendable interface
without well-defined semantics is an invitation of ugliness. That way lies
EMACS, ioctl(), insanity and CORBA. Besides, while VFS should probably
provide a helper function for parsing the options, it can not just go
ahead and do it on its own - check what is passed in case of NFS, for one
thing.